Tuesday 4 May 2010

The Capilano Suspension Bridge & J Lounge

I met-up with Alesha this afternoon at Lonsdale Quay. We went to Jagerhof for some lunch. It was both our first time here! The deer head in the back is looking at Alesha. Now, there's a warthog behind her! We both ordered Schnitzel! The food here reminded me of Oma's cooking. I don't know why I waited so long to come here. Next time, I'm bringing the MOMMIETRON. Death by Chocolate... After lunch, we bussed over to the Capilano Suspension Bridge! I found out that as a BC Resident, I could pay $26.25 for a BC Membership and get unlimited admission for one full year! SOLD!!! Alesha with the retro-dressed girls... Some more totem poles... A Mountie Bear! Alesha and the bridge... The Capilano River... "Mola Ram! Prepare to meet Kali... in Hell!!!" On the Rainforest side... Enjoying a little steampunk decor... Who's that on the bridge? I think it's an Aussie! And now, deep thoughts... This place totally reminds me of the Ewok Village from "Return of the Jedi". Alesha and the Capilano River... There's that bridge again. Back on the other side, we found some time to play checkers. Our first game ended in a stalemate, but when we played a second game, Alesha totally kicked my ass! LOL! Perfect timing, our afternoon started out sunny, but look at that huge ass raincloud over Vancouver! It's a good thing we finished our outdoor activities for the day. I was craving something sweet, so upon Alesha's recommendation, I decided to buy a Beaver Tail. I've never had one of these before! I got the Maple Leaf Beaver Tail. This baby was awesome! Thanks Alesha!!! Alesha with the orchids at the market... Check out her blog of our day here! In the evening, I went down to the J Lounge for some karaoke! Apparently, they watch "Glee" here every Tuesday before the singing gets started. Big Red, Mark, Tina, Jim, and Gogan were all here! The set-up here is pretty good! Ryan eventually showed-up... with the rest of the hoodlums. LOL! POV shot... We have to come back next week!

No comments: