Saturday 27 July 2013

Conquer Joffre Lakes!

Yes!!!  Joffre Lakes Provincial Park, the hike we planned for Tara's birthday!
Todd and Tara charting our course.
Let us begin.
It was my first time doing this hike and I just couldn't believe how scenic it was!
I couldn't stop taking photos.
The boulder bounce.
"What time is it?"
Oh boy, a Yellow Lab taking a dip in the Middle Lake!
He was so excited.
I had a hard time photographing him because he was all over the place!
He was cute though.  :-)
A few others enjoyed the view here too.
"He's about to shake!!!"
Tara and Todd.
This is just the second of three lakes here, but you've got a great view of Matier Glacier above!
It's so blue!
Someone's having fun.
Arms akimbo.
She's still on that log.
Todd the Destroyer!
Holy smokes!  Look at this falls!
I'm losing it!
I'm raging like the water.
I actually drank from here!

Awww, a bear hug.
"Do not feed the bears."
We finally reached the Upper Lake.



Taken by Todd.
Let us explore.

The sight of the glacier made Todd happy.
This is our Japanese Anime Character pose.
"Oh hum, I have no job."  :-(
A few shots of the conquerors.
"Up yours King Joffrey!!!"  ;-)

Half Moon Pose...
aka Ardha Chandrasana.
Panning.

And we've got a tree.
We continued on to the other side of the lake.
Another boulder bounce!
Ohhh, a ninja's attack stance!


"Bring in Second Team!"
The Eight-Angle Pose...
We were there,
but now we're going over there.
These pinecones were sparkling!

Tara and the Upper Lake.
People camp up here too!
Tara's pointing at Cayoosh Mountain.
Up we go!
The water is a little too cold for a swim.

This water is coming from Matier Glacier up there.
It's so beautiful here!
Down we go.
I spotted some ass!
Break time.
Me.


My feet.
Still creepin' the bathers.  ;-)
It's time to go back.  :-(
Warrior III aka Virabhadrasana III
On the way down, we took a different path.
This is the Lower Lake which you see 5 minutes into the hike.
It too is quite beautiful.
The bugs were swarming me at this point.
Time to blow this popsicle stand.
"Bye-bye Joffre!"
The march to the car.
For dinner, I suggested Sushi Sen in Squamish.
It was Todd and Tara's first time here.
Tempura Ice Cream!!!

Happy Birthday Tara!!! 

Thanks for an awesome hike you guys!!!  :-)

No comments: