Monday 15 July 2013

Trek to Track

It was my last day with Gracie, so I took her on another long walk.
We met-up with Jeff and Fatty at Deep Cove and hiked Quarry Rock!

Another beautiful day.
Gracie has certainly become one of my favourite dogs.
Recently, I heard her fart which made me love her even more!  LOL!
She was spent after this hike.
"Bye-bye Puss Puss."
In the evening, I went to the Burnaby Velodrome with Kenji, Brenda, and Dave.
We signed-up for the Intro to Track Program.
It's half-price in the Summer, so for $75 you get a 90 minute orientation, 4 novice sessions at a later date, and a rental bike for all your sessions!
Here's my rental.
You're welcome to bring your own helmet and pedals, if you like.
This is Rachel, our instructor for the day!  I found the intro session very informative and worth taking.
You have to maintain a speed of 30 km to successfully take these corners.  ;-)
At first when you look at the track it's a little daunting, but after a few laps you get used to it.  Always remember to shoulder check!  ;-)

Thanks for the guidance Rachel!!!  :-)
Holy smokes!  I just found out Dave is good friends with crazy rider Danny MacAskill!

Here's a video if you don't remember Dan.  ;-)

No comments: