Friday 11 May 2007

Spiderman 3

I finally watched this movie with Alex and Veronique! Alex was pretty disappointed with it, but I really liked it. There were a lot of action and plenty of laughs, plus the introduction of the black suit! I always loved the dark look in the comics, but this third installment gives it a bad wrap. In the books the black symbiote originally accentuated it's host's abilities and inner soul. Peter Parker never had to wear clothes because the symbiote would simply read his mind and cover him and transform to whatever type of wardrobe he wished. When Peter needed to be Spiderman it would change immediately into the black costume. I just loved it, but the only drawback was whenever Peter removed the symbiote, he found himself weakened. He would later discover that his new outfit was draining his adrenaline and affecting his health, so it had to be removed. The movie made the symbiote seem purely evil, feeding off of Spiderman's aggression which is partially true, but I still wished the film demonstrated more of the outfit's awesome abilities. I also found the storyline a little rushed with all those villains running around, but then again the movie was meant for kids too, so I understand. Overall, I thought this Spiderman flick was really good. It had me jumping around after, outside the theatre!!!

No comments: