Thursday 4 February 2010

California Trip (Day 13)

Here's the view from Edwina's doorstep again. We walked over to the local Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf to start off the day. After walking around Melrose Avenue, it was time to part ways with Edwina. She gave me a ride to Santa Monica before going to her work. Big thanks to her for putting me up at her place for a few days and for fulfilling a lot of my requests on my visit!!! Here's my Metro TAP Card! This is what they use here to get around on transit. It's a refillable rider's card. You can even add credit to it online! I finally arrived at my destination, the Getty Villa! Admission is free. The villa's Herb Garden... The Outer Peristyle... The Getty Villa is modeled after the Villa dei Papiri. It's so beautiful here. The Inner Peristyle... I began checking-out the museum pieces. I thought this was a toilet at first. Check it out, ancient action figures! There's a cafe up there. The Outdoor Theatre... The Museum Entrance... You can see all the way to the East Garden from here. I've washed a few dishes in my day. Some more action figures! Impressive, but where's the Horn of Gondor? I was having fun taking photos here. Inside the Temple of Herakles... The East Garden... This was J. Paul Getty's original Malibu estate. It overlooks the museum. The exhibits were on the second floor, but nobody is allowed to take photos there. On top of the Outdoor Theatre... Back to the Herb Garden... Sadly, J. Paul Getty died before the construction of the villa was completed. He never even had a chance to walk through it. The walkway of the Outer Peristyle... Don't be messin'. You can see the beach from here. The sign by this statue encouraged patrons to touch her. You can bet I did just that. I grabbed a good hold of her ass before I left! Now, that guy must have a good view from his place. The EdRocker has left the building. I went crazy taking photos by the beach. I can't help, but envy the people that live here. It was time to leave Malibu. It was time to head back to Allan and Becky's place.

No comments: