Wednesday 24 February 2010

Killing a Bunch of Birds with One Stone

Big thanks to Kerry for selling me a pair of Olympic Mittens!!! I've been looking all over the place for these, but they've been selling like hotcakes ever since the 2010 Winter Olympics began! They're so hard to find now, but Kerry had an extra pair that she was planning on returning, so I totally jumped at the chance to take them off her hands. (Pardon the pun.) Kerry had some time to kill, so she lined-up with me to get an unobstructed view of the cauldron. There are the Olympic Rings in Coal Harbour! While in line, we met Mary. Turns out she's originally from Cambridge, Ontario, just like me! 15 minutes later, we finally got a clear view of the Olympic Cauldron! Of course I went crazy taking shots of it. Reminds me of Superman's Fortress of Solitude. Time to pose with it... Posing in between Mary and Kerry... While we were up here, we ran into Olympic Gold Medallist, Michael Schmid! The Swiss freestyle skier became the first champion of Olympic Skicross at these games! I got to hold his GOLD Medal as I posed for this shot with him! I guess now I don't have to wait in line for the Royal Canadian Mint Pavilion anymore. Fuck yeah!!! People were going insane trying to take photos with him! Later, I met-up with Rich and Pauline at Costco. Here I am demonstrating my new mittens. In the evening, Rich and Pauline prepared some Steak and Potatoes as we watched the hockey game! I was more happy to see our Canadian women win GOLD and SILVER in Women's Bobsleigh! What a good day for Canada, we won 4 medals today! The rings at night... They glow GOLD whenever a Canadian becomes a champion. Ohhh... The cauldron in the dark... I think it looks better at night. Just awesome! The rings again at another angle... Man, I finally got my Olympic Mittens, photos of the cauldron in the day and at night, and I got to touch a GOLD Medal! Talk about killing two birds with one stone... I killed a bunch!!!

No comments: