Friday 13 December 2013

Canucks vs Oilers

Niko and I were at Rogers Arena tonight to watch the Edmonton Oilers play against the Vancouver Canucks!  His cousin Athina couldn't go to the game, so she gave him her tickets.
I can't even remember the last time I watched an NHL game here.
Niko pointed-out the new banner in the rafters.
There it is!
Pavel Bure's Number 10!!!  The Russian Rocket immortalized above us.
This is so awesome!  The whole time we were watching the game, I would heckle Ryan Kesler because of the way he got Tony fired from his job.  It turns out Kesler's wife was sitting right behind us!  LOL!
http://adventuresofedrocker.blogspot.ca/2011/04/smooth-criminal.html
While we walked up to the Centre Ice Grill, I heard Bryce call my name, so we picked-up a couple of beers from him!
Since we still had drinks in our hands, we didn't bother going into the restaurant.  Instead, we got Rich to step outside for a photo with us.  ;-)
Here's the wall of fame for the retired numbers.
Top Row: Stan Smyl and Trevor Linden.
Bottom Row: Pavel Bure and Markus Naslund.
The Russian Rocket's gear.
I actually have this jersey!

He's my favourite player of all time!
It's amazing how cheap the tickets were back then.

Man, these skates have taken a beating!
An impressive display, I must say.
Linden's locker.
These were put to good use back in the day.
After the game, Niko and I had a late meal at Joe Fortes.
Sadly, the Oilers lost tonight, but we still had fun.  :-(

Gratitude to Niko for the night out and to Athina for the game tickets!!!  :-)

No comments: