Wednesday 11 March 2009

Another UBC Gig (Day 3)

Here I (Keystone Extrasam with my "Breakfast of Champions", 3 Krispy Kremes and a Canada Dry! Like father, like son...  Adrien (Local Colorand Eric... We were temporarily relocated to another part of the building because our holding was hot in the first scene. Our wrangler, Rachael looking all coy... Vaughn (Def-Con -5 Talenton the phone...  He played a paramedic. We eventually returned to our original holding. Bombyx (Def-Con -5 Talentshowing some teeth... "Wow, nice skin, Natalie!" A "thumbs up" from Paul (In-Motion Talentas we lined-up for lunch... Some good eats with good treats... "Who farted?!?" Natalie, Emily (In-Motion Talentwith ice cream on her face, and me (Keystone Extras)... Paul took this shot of me (Keystone Extras). See, it's just like the cafeteria in high school. Emma (Double Agents Talent) as one of the police officers... Here I (Keystone Extrasam with Ivette (Showbiz Management). Who is this walking action figure? Why it's none other than Sean (Def-Con -5 Talent), fully tactical!  Our day of filming was pretty exciting with all the pyrotechnics and explosions in our scenes!  Production: Click the entry's title.  Type of Call: Cattle, 55 Background.  Length of Call: 7 hours.

5 comments:

morjana said...

Hi, Ed.

I've been trying to identify a background actor in Stargate SG-1 for years. I've asked several of the directors and producer if they knew her name, and no one knows.

Here's a photo:

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=24&pos=550

I'm interested in the woman at the right.

She's been in the background of SG1 for all ten seasons. I've also seen her in other Vancouver productions (John Doe, etc.), but she never has a line, and is never identified in the credits.

Would you have any idea who she is, please?

It just bothers me (for some reason) to see someone for so many years and not know their name. She always does a perfect job in her "scenes," she's very believable.

Thank you, Ed.

Morjana

The EdRocker said...

I think her name is Carol or Karen. I've worked with her a couple of times on "Battlestar Galactica". I'll find out more for ya.

The EdRocker said...

Man, I was way off. Her name is Melanie Angel. Here's her IMDb page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0029478/

The EdRocker said...

Here's another link:
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www3.sympatico.ca/kay.simpson/melanie.JPG&imgrefurl=http://www3.sympatico.ca/kay.simpson/melanie.html&usg=__fq3SqjmsNitJQcEmyXzb2z9jSbg=&h=181&w=96&sz=9&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=guiteZcyRM39bM:&tbnh=101&tbnw=54&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmelanie%2Bangel,%2Bvancouver%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den-us%26sa%3DG%26um%3D1

morjana said...

Ed,

Thank you so much! Wow! You are good. I've been asking for at least four years (possibly more).

Woo-hoo!

:)

Best wishes, Ed.

Morjana