Saturday 13 June 2015

St. Mark's Summit & Lance's 50th

I met-up with Boris and his co-workers at Cypress Mountain to hike St. Mark's Summit!  He and Jason convinced me to park in the middle of the lot to start a trend.  ;-)
It was actually my first time up here.
It's very beautiful!
I wanted to take Gus along, but he was still sleeping at his mom's.
There were some pretty good inclines...
that took your breath away.
After around 2 1/2 hours, we made it to our destination!
And what a view we had of the Howe Sound!
There's Bowen Island.
Squamish is further down there.
I spotted a chipmunk!
There were a few up here,
but they were a little shy.
I just couldn't get over the view!
At first I thought there was smoke from a fire, but then I realized it was a cloud!
That's the Sea to Sky Highway down there!
We walked over to the second edge for another vantage point.
Time for a few poses.
Gotta break-out the red!
"This is my home."  ;-)
Arrr!!!
Rarrr!!!
"What?!?  We gotta go back now?!?"
We caught a whale, Maxim!  LOL!
The return trip...
is always bittersweet.
Our Olympic legacy still lives on.
Yup.
"Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Olympic rings!"
Looks like Jetta James wasn't alone anymore when we returned to the lot!
She such a trendsetter.  After the rest of the crew left, Gus arrived with Megan and Alex!  I gave him a big hug and kiss before his hike.  ;-)

Big thanks to Boris for inviting me on this enjoyable hike!!!  :-)
In the evening, I drove down to White Rock to celebrate Lance's 50th birthday!
Our favourite former wrangler had a bunch of his friends and family around to mark his milestone.
I met White Rock's former mayor, Catherine Ferguson!
She gave a little toast to the birthday boy.
His brother Troy brought in the cake...
and his mother told him to blow-out the candles.  Haha!
Happy Birthday Lance!!!  :-)

No comments: