Tuesday 4 December 2007

Long Beach, California Trip (Day 8)

I got up early this morning and took the transit over to Azusa to exchange some shoes that I bought yesterday.I bussed it back to downtown Los Angeles to catch my connection to another shopping center. While waiting for my bus I took some shots of the surrounding buildings. I finally arrived at my destination, The Grove. Look, there was a trolley! It goes through the whole plaza. Can you spot someone familiar in this shot? See him yet? Click on the photo, it gets bigger.Whoa!!! They say most Americans have guns, but this girl's got big ones. LOL!!! Becky's favourite store... I love this place. There's theatres here too! There's that familiar face again... Jon Voight!!! Look, I spotted another actor. The guy in the blue shirt is Michael Mitchell. There's Santa and his reindeer! Their Apple Store was big! Here I am upstairs at their Genius Bar. I have to come here again on my next visit. I checked out the Farmers Market after. There was a lot of food there, but I didn't eat anything. LOL!!! I left the market and spotted the Writers Guild of America building. I caught a few more buses again. Look, the Directors Guild of America building. And this is who Allan works for, Kaiser Permanente. LOL!!! Hey, you can see the Griffith Observatory up on the hill. I caught the train to check out another place. Here it comes. The train takes you right to Universal City. I went to the Universal Citywalk. It was another theme park in itself. This was a cool collector store. I was wondering how come there were so many Jewish people here. There was even a Jewish rock band! Then I found out they were celebrating the first day of Hanukkah. Ohhh...iFly... These guys were cool. I remember seeing something similar during the closing ceremonies of the last Winter Olympics in Torino. Check out the video! This place reminded me of Vegas, just without the gambling and strippers.It was time to go. I caught the train back to Long Beach. Asiana sported her new mini-lightsaber as I updated my blog.

No comments: