Wednesday 5 December 2007

Long Beach, California Trip (Day 9)

It was my last full day to spend here, so I made sure to start it early.I grabbed the Metro train to downtown Long Beach. Then I transferred over to the OCTA buses. The bus I took cruised along the Pacific Coast Highway. You can see the oil rigs out on the horizon. It was a little windy, so the waves were just crashing in. I passed by Huntington Beach. This was my agent, Krista's old stomping ground. I passed Newport Beach shortly after. I eventually entered the city limits of Laguna Beach. A hottie who worked at one of the shops close by... Those guys must have an awesome view. A shot of the Weimaraner outside the shop... I caught another ride to go inland. I went to visit the Pacific Marine Mammal Center. Here's one of the biggest and most vocal of the sea lions there. The PMMC is a non-profit organization operated by a small staff and a large group of volunteers. It's located at 20612 Laguna Canyon Road in Laguna Beach. They rescue injured or ill marine mammals and provide rehabilitation for them. They're only funded by donations, so I made sure to make one since admission was free. Look at this little guy. He was the cutest one. They had a lot of interesting items on display. There were two volunteers applying as I checked out the facility. A history board... Shortly after, I went back to the city centre . These trees remind me of Manila. "Oh my goodness! What do we have here?" He was so friendly. So damn cute!!! Such a beautiful day... Hmmmnn... Now, where does Lauren's family live? LOL!!! I just couldn't stop taking photos. The waves were still crashing in. Here I am. That's me. It was time to hit Newport Beach. I waited for another bus at the station. This is Fashion Island. I checked this mall out the last time I was down here in October. Been there, done that... plus I didn't have time, I wanted to catch the sun at the pier. I miss "The O.C." Hey look, a trailer park in this city! "California... California... Here we come..." The Balboa Peninsula... Hottie approaching... She's not on the high cholesterol diet. I think I want to live here. It's so picturesque here. I'd want to have this house if I lived in this city. I walked over to the Newport Pier. I had to hurry before the sun went down. I was on the phone with my agents at this time. Look at all the surfers waiting for waves. Seagull... Dude, so many surfers! People fishing... A pelican! This guy was naughty. He would approach anyone that would catch a fish and try to snatch it. He'd also snap at some of observers. LOL!!! I don't know what kind of bird this is. Such a bad boy... He was chased away by the other fishermen, but kept coming back. Here I am. That's me. Even more surfers now! The lifeguard station... Time to head back... I caught a bus to leave the peninsula, but got off at a stop a little further than expected. I ended up on a small hill, then noticed what a great spot to take a photo of the sunset. LOL!!! "Bye-Bye Newport." Some hotties walking up the hill... I caught the bus back to Long Beach after. Here's Al and I wearing our Timberland colours. Don't worry, we didn't go out like this. Al took me out to see the Queen Mary tonight! Kind of reminds me of the Titanic. Doing my Jack Dawson impersonation. The observation deck's lounge... A shot of downtown Long Beach... This city's harbour is pretty awesome. Here's few shots of what was on display. Some historical shots now... What a big boat! Our last stop of the night...We had a few drinks here then went home.

No comments: