Monday 29 December 2008

See Jeff Skate (Day 1)

Here's a shot of the Richmond Olympic Oval from a distance. I bussed over here this morning to watch Jeff compete in the Canadian Single Distance Championships. This was my first time at the new facility! I guess this is the "Terminator" version of Jeff. This place is so grand! Just a remarkable structure to say the least. It's nice and bright in here compared to the oval in Calgary. A group shot with Edita and her friend, Peter... Just me and the rink now... I spotted Phil with his headphones on. The girls packing up... The ice getting cleaned... The women medal recipients of the 1000 m event. 1st Place: Christine Nesbitt, 2nd Place: Shannon Rempel, and 3rd Place: Brittany Schussler... There still not enough seats in here. Jeff warming up... Phil drinking from his water bottle... Phil racing... Phil finished pretty good in this event. Jeff's turn in the 1000 m... "Go Jeff, Go!!!" Jeff finished his race with the time of 1:12.15. The men medal recipients in the 1000 m event. 1st Place: Denny Morrison, 2nd Place: Kyle Parrott, and 3rd Place: Francois-Olivier Roberge... A little dejected, Jeff still gave me the "thumbs up" for my camera. He finished in 11th place today. Jeff rehydrating... Edita consoling her fiance... Peter and Jeff sharing a handshake... Jeff with his mouth full as he poses with me and my bookmark... Jeff chatting away with family and friends... There were a lot of people here watching today. A shot of Jeff's bubble butt... Mother and son... Klan Kitura... It was time to leave this place and go shopping for a TV at the mall. I'm coming back here tomorrow.

No comments: